If you can dream it, Pastries by Design can make it into a cake! A set of golf clubs for dad, a favorite team logo for the groom, a basket of lilies for mom… the possibilities are endless! Custom cakes are priced individually according to the design chosen. Detailed sugar designs can significantly increase the price of your cake. We love a good challenge so don’t be shy and bring in your ideas!
Special orders, whether for a cake, cookies or cupcakes, require a minimum of 72 hours notice, and an additional 24 hour if it is for a Saturday (this means before Tuesday at 5:00 pm). This way we can make sure your order is perfectly customized to Pastries by Design standards. Please ask for our front store cakes for last minute orders.
Please help us to avoid mistakes:
- Review and sign your order so there is no room for misunderstandings. Most mistakes happen when taking the order, due to missing details about color, design or shape.
- Be specific. If you want blue fondant, please tell us what kind of blue! We have color books available for you to consult. Although final colors may be off a little bit due to the nature of the product, we always try to match the color you ask for.
Also please read the terms and conditions on special orders.
Consultations & Tastings
A wedding is a special time in your life and we are happy to help you creating the cake of your dreams from traditional to exquisite designs.
Since this is such a special occasion we recommend to set an appointment for a consultation and/or tasting. Due to the special attention that goes into your wedding cake, prices and decorations are discussed during your scheduled consultation.
- Wedding consultations and tastings are scheduled on Saturdays from 10am to 1pm and sometimes on Thursdays from 10am to 1pm. We will definitely try to accommodate your consultation if these days/hours don’t work for you.
- There is a tasting fee of $25 and if you decide to order your cake with us, this amount will be deducted from your bill for wedding cake orders to serve more than 40 guests.
- We can accommodate up to 4 people for a tasting.
- Please email email@example.com or call (941) 907-8222 to schedule an appointment.
See also our page on wedding cakes for more information.
Delivery is an optional service, and is subject to availability. Delivery fees are based on distance, size and time we are going to spend setting up your cake or desserts, starting at $45 + tax.
Please provide us with a "day-off" contact person on site when delivering your order.
Note that toppers for wedding cakes or fresh flowers that we need to place on site must be ready for us on the wedding cake table the day of delivery.
Cake Stand Rentals
We have a large amount of cake stands available for rent. Colored in gold or silver, made of glass, or even a tree trunk, these are all possibilities. If you decide on a cupcake tower, we also have these available. Don't forget to reserve one during your consultation!
Rental prices range start from $20 + tax.
Classes - Summer Camp
This summer we have two 3-day summer camps where kids from 7 to 12 can learn how to decorate cookies, cupcakes and cakes. The dates for this year's classes are:
- June 20, 21 & 22 (Mon-Wed): 10am to 12:30pm
- July 18, 19 & 20 (Mon-Wed): 10am to 12:30pm
DAY ONE - COOKIES: decorating cookies using different icing mediums [Royal Icing, Fondant] and techniques.
DAY TWO - CUPCAKES: basic decorating skills to make creative cupcakes.
DAY THREE - CAKES: basics of writing on cakes, making simple borders and figure piping.
All classes are held at the store location. All necessary ingredients and tools will be provided and can be used during the classes.
The price is $120 per child for the 3 days. Payment is required in advance to reserve your space in a class, and must be received two weeks prior to class start date. New students may be accepted after that date, pending class space availability (please call).
If you cancel before the deadline date (two weeks prior to class), the fee is refundable or can be transferred to another class. After the deadline date, the fee is not refundable or transferable.
If you are mailing in your payment, please make it payable to "Pastries by Design" and mail it to:
Pastries by Design
10667 Boardwalk Loop
Bradenton FL, 34202
We accept Discover, Visa and MasterCard.
Classes - Adults
Classes can be organized for groups of 4 to 6 adults by special request. Please call (941) 907-8222 for more information, prices and possible dates.