Tastings and Consultations
A wedding is a special time in your life and we are happy to help you creating the cake of your dreams from traditional to exquisite designs.
Since this is such a special occasion we recommend to set an appointment for a consultation and/or tasting. Due to the special attention that goes into your wedding cake, prices and decorations are discussed during your scheduled consultation.
- Wedding consultations and tastings are scheduled on Saturdays from 10am to 1pm and sometimes on Thursdays from 10am to 1pm. We will definitely try to accommodate your consultation if these days/hours don’t work for you.
- There is a tasting fee of $25 which will be deducted from your bill if you decide to order your cake with us (with a minimum order 40 servings).
- We can accommodate up to 4 people for a tasting.
Please email email@example.com or call (941) 907-8222 to schedule an appointment.
We recommend you schedule a consultation with us so we can design the cake of your dreams together with you (see above). This way, we can make a sketch to get a good idea of the general design and decoration details.
You may already get some ideas and inspiration for your cake by having a look at the many pictures we have on Flickr. We also have several picture books at the bakery if you prefer.
Below you find our most popular cake combinations (cake flavors and filling flavors). All our cakes are covered (iced) with a delicious layer of Swiss Meringue Vanilla Buttercream. Feel free to mix, match and choose from any of the Pastries by Design cake menus. Add a special touch with a liquor syrup soak.
- The Basics
- Wedding white, yellow, chocolate or marble filled with your choice of chocolate or vanilla buttercream or cream cheese icing.
- Red Velvet
- Bright red velvet cake filled with traditional vanilla buttercream or cream cheese icing.
- 1900’s Old fashioned Red Velvet
- Famously dark red cake. It is moist silky milder chocolate cake with a distinctive taste. Made from the original 1900’s recipe.
- Carrot Cake
- Carrot cake soaked with sweet cinnamon syrup and filled with cream cheese icing.
- Tropical Carrot Cake
- Carrot cake with pineapple, coconut and pecans and a touch of gourmet spices filled with cream cheese icing.
- Death by Chocolate Supreme
- Layers of dark chocolate cake, dark chocolate fudge, espresso cheesecake and mocha chocolate mousse.
- Chocolate Peanut Butter
- Dark chocolate cake filled with peanut butter cream cheese.
- Chocolate Turtle Cake
- Dark chocolate cake filled with dulce de leche and caramel buttercream — with or without sweet crushed candied pecans.
- Boston Cream Cake
- Yellow cake filled with vanilla custard and dark chocolate fudge.
- Chocolate Boston Cream Cake
- Dark chocolate cake filled with chocolate custard and dark chocolate fudge.
- Strawberry Shortcake Supreme
- Vanilla cake with fresh sliced strawberries and whipped cream cheese filling.
- Tropical Delight
- Vanilla cake soaked with coconut rum syrup and filled with a rich coconut custard and crushed pineapple.
- White or Dark Chocolate Raspberry
- White or chocolate cake filled with fresh raspberry preserves and white or dark chocolate buttercream.
- Vanilla cake soaked with limoncello syrup filled with lemon custard and vanilla buttercream.
- Coconut Cake
- Vanilla cake filled with thick coconut custard.
- Florida Key Lime Cake
- Vanilla cake filled with key lime custard and cream cheese icing.
- Maple Pecan Cake
- Vanilla pecan cake filled with maple buttercream and candied pecans.
- Honey Almond Cake
- Almond cake with toasted almonds and sweet honey buttercream.
- Espresso Machine
- Dark chocolate cake soaked with espresso syrup and filled with mocha buttercream.
- German Chocolate Cake
- Chocolate cake filled with traditional coconut pecan custard filling.
- Salted Caramel Cake
- Yellow cake filled with salted dulce de leche and caramel buttercream.
Flowers and Toppers
Decorating your cake with fresh flowers is a wonderful resource to match your wedding cake deco. Please let us know if you would like us to arrange real flowers on your wedding cake.
Pastries by Design does not provide fresh flowers for any cake but provides the service of decorating your cake with them. This service is included with the delivery. Please make sure the flowers will be on the wedding cake table for us when delivering your cake.
Unfortunately we can not offer this service for cakes that are picked up at our store.
Toppers must be left at the wedding cake table for us to place on the cake.
We have a large amount of cake stands available for rent. Colored in gold or silver, made of glass, or even a tree trunk, these are all possibilities. If you decide on a cupcake tower, we also have these available. Don't forget to reserve one during your consultation!
Rental prices range start from $20.
Delivery is an optional service, and is subject to availability. Delivery fees are based on distance and size of the cake(s), starting at $45.
Small wedding cakes that can be picked up at our Bakery should be ordered as soon as possible, especially during high seasons.
Wedding Cakes are priced on a per person basis starting at $3.95 per serving for Basic flavors. Specialty flavors start at $4.75 and Supreme at $5.25. These prices include naked cakes and basic decorations in white finish (Swiss meringue vanilla buttercream).
Liquor syrup soak is $0.25 per serving.
Fondant covering is $1.25 per serving
Please note that before convering your cake with fondant we ice it with a layer of Swiss Meringue Vanilla Butterceram)
Price of Sugar work and special piping or decoration is based on the time needed to decorate your cake.
Any round or square cake can be tilted for and additional $0.75 per serving.
Carved cakes start a $7 per serving.
A 50% deposit is required to hold your wedding date in our books.